CHP Operator Licensed! High Pressure Boil Operator for Columbus, Ohio
High Level Skilled Labor starts at $35-40.00 an hour with potential to turn FT.
The CHP Operator will perform functions to safely assist the operations of power boilers/re-heat power boiler and all associated co generation and CHP equipment to support the Paper Mill process. They help the supervisor ensure the maintenance of technical efficiency and safety level of the thermal power station, for the achievement of aims related to the productive activity in accordance with the Group’s policies
- Guarantee the correct functioning of the CHP (Central Heating Plant).
- Ensure reliable operation of equipment by utilizing the following best practices: root cause failure analysis and action item implementation, precision maintenance practices, vibration analysis, lubrication analysis, preventive maintenance, and routine and annual outage planning.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability on reciprocating engines, pumps, valves, compressors, packaged boiler and small scale HRSG steam systems.
- Coordinates and manages contractors during overhauls or other contract work.
- Works to help manage a maintenance program to complete preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Responsible for diagnosing malfunctions of facility machinery and equipment.
- Communicates with fuel gas suppliers, electrical utility and paper mill personnel in regard to dispatch level of the facility.
- Respond to and lead recovery efforts during planned and forced outages.
- Works collaboratively with the EHS Manager to coordinate all Air permitting requirements for all emission units. There are many requirements (but not limited to) air stack testing as required, all maintenance records, gas usage of all emission units, and hours of operation.
- Ensure that all relevant maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with the safety and environment provisions and with the procedures encompassed by the ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Three (3) years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Detailed knowledge of industrial safety and environmental procedures and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of power boilers, water treatment, steam systems, and Feed water systems.
- Must possess a State of Ohio High Pressure Boiler License.
Please click here to apply!