Now hiring a Fiber Optic Test Technician for a thriving manufacturing firm located in Daytona Beach!
- $18 per hour
- Growth opportunity
- Free online skill-building courses
This position is responsible for performing testing on products to meet customer requirements precisely following Final Acceptance Test Procedures in a safe and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Work in a high paced, state of the art hyperbaric test facility
- Conducts procedural tests on production and qualification products
- Responsible for the understanding and use of all electrical and mechanical test equipment, test fixtures, and test procedures
- Reports errors on procedures, drawings, bills of material, and routers to the support teams (Quality, Manufacturing Engineering).
- Responsible for completing documentation (shop packs and FATs) accurately and timely
- Responsible for entering data into the IFS system accurately and timely.
- Responsible for maintaining high quality standards and workmanship.
- Maintain excellent communication and working relationship with all departments within the company
- Communicating special tooling needed to perform operation that may have not been identified
- Helium leak test jumpers and connectors
- Become proficient with splicing fiber
- Operate optical test equipment such as Back reflectometer, OTDR, LUNA and various other equipment
Education and Experience:
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent military training or demonstrated job experience
- Recent experience in a fiber optic manufacturing environment
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work safely with minimal or no direct supervision
- Ability to work with changing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work from verbal directions
- Ability to learn from peers
- Common sense approach to troubleshooting
- Knowledge of basic electronics, electrical theories and a strong knowledge of Ohm’s law
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to use optical, electrical and mechanical test equipment needed to perform tasks. (Meggers, Ohmmeters, pressure gauges, digital calipers)
- Able to read technical drawings and electrical schematics, specifications and procedures
- Ability to take constructive criticism from peers, leads and / or managers
- Good math skills
Members of the military and veterans encouraged to apply!