Brand New Position, Super Exciting for a Sr. Manufacturing Buyer located on the far East Side by Buckeye Lake. Full Time Direct Hire!!!
Great Position and Great Location for the right candidate! Must have experience within a Manufacturing Company in a Buying/Supply Chain/Logistics Role.
Please be sure to check out the requirements below for this exciting new role.
- Purchasing strategy will be set through this role for raw material, consumables, and MRO spend in alignment with the Global Vice President of Supply Chain
- This role will ensure the inventory sourcing process eliminates stock-outs while ensuring raw material inventory holding is at a minimum. Annual objectives will be set on stock rotation.
- Ensures that the goods and services purchased on behalf of client meet specified conditions and acceptable standards by preparing detailed bid specifications for technical items, contract requirements (scope of work) for the establishment of commodity and service contracts, requests for quotations, and/or requests for proposals for commodities and services, investigating commodities substitutions made by vendors and suppliers, resolving differences regarding the purchase of goods and services, and determining the acceptability of goods and services in coordination with the quality team.
Internal Inventory Management
- Inventory Coordinator reports directly to this role
- Analyse, optimize, and oversee inventory procedures
- Ensure inventory is well managed and purchased considering requirements to produce (internal and external Lead Times).
- Process data, identifying problematic areas and suggesting improvements
- Ensuring inventory turn is consistent with business objectives and eliminate inventory write-off.
Shipping & Logistics
- The Shipping/ Receiving Supervisor will report directly to this role.
- This role will assume the responsibility of the inbound and outbound logistical coordination.
- This role will be responsible for enforcing all shipping/ receiving policies and procedures ensuring inventory is properly received and shipped.
- This role will develop supplier scorecards, quality audit procedures; while coordinating and working closely with the Quality Manager.
- Detail orientated.
- ERP (Dynamics AX) functionality & understanding.
- Driven by results and a solid understanding of KPI and business objectives.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, with an emphasis on Business, Supply Chain or Accounting preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in the manufacturing industry (batch manufacturing preferred)
- Functional management experience
- Technical financial training/affinity
Please click here to apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with a copy of your resume, outline of your manufacturing experience and salary requirements.
Multiple face to face interviews will be required!