- Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, utilize proper personal protective equipment.
- BSEE; MSEE preferred.
- A minimum of ten years related experience.
- Knowledge/skills must include strong education, theoretical background and experience with applied hands-on implementation expertise in electronic design, simulation, modeling, analysis, and test.
- Hands-on experience with development, building and testing of electronic assemblies and systems.
- Knowledge of digital and analog design including amplifiers, analog and digital interfacing, time and frequency domain filtering, sampling theorem, aliasing, programmable logic,, low power design .
- Experience with simulation (pSpice or equivalent) and computational programs (MathCad preferred, Mat Lab accepted), programmable logic (Altera, Xilinx), communication protocols, and memory devices (EEPROM, SRAM, DRAM.
- Pluses include experience with microcontrollers, low power design, battery operation, and switching regulators, digital signal processing, magnetics and RF design
- Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
- Experience in generating mechanical design documentation, and technical reports.
- Ability to write proposals, cost and schedule estimates (including budgets), and participate in presentations.
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must show high initiative, be self-motivated, and have ability to act independently on technical matters