Basic Purpose of Position: Position has responsibility to ensure departmental goals and objectives for assigned engineering group. Manages group budget and engineering personnel staffing requirements. Develops and justifies evaluation, quality, and process criteria. Identifies technical issues of future importance. Reports status of engineering projects within the group. Has an in-depth understanding of business goals and provides the engineering leadership required to support goal attainment.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Manages a major group of the engineering department through staffing, budget development and control, through engineering project management and personnel management.
- Responsible for ensuring department goals and objectives are met.
- Provide direction and leadership and/or mentoring to the engineering group. Writes and administers performance appraisals and performance improvement plans as required.
- May interface directly with customers through presentations, meetings, or other communication media to represent company.
- Establish measurements for departmental goals with matrices and trend charts.
- Present group status in program reviews and monthly reports.
- Assigns specific job tasks to engineers and teams for completion as well as monitor progress.
- Identify training requirements for personnel within the group to assure knowledge base for policies, procedures, concurrent engineering, root cause analysis, trend charts and corrective action.
- Determine requirements for materials, and or equipment for engineering projects and ensure all required tooling, equipment and materials are available for the engineering group.
- Uses policies and procedures to complete work assignments and assures group employees adhere to the policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Please submit all resumes to: Adam.Angyal@remedystaff.com