A Company in Orchard Park Ny is in need of a Senior Quality inspector/CMM Technician for first shift (Monday-Friday).Saturdays and second shift when needed.
Job Summary: Associate will be expected to provide inspection for complex machined component parts and completed assemblies, upon receipt, in-process and final, for defects and dimensional conformance to drawings and specifications; Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements; responsible for programming and operation of complex Computer Measuring devices (CMM); Provides technical leadership to Inspection department team.
Essential Duties and Expectations of Senior Quality Inspector and CMM Technician:
- Audit and monitor quality requirements in accordance with the company quality assurance policies and customer specifications
- Train contract / temporary and full time employees on inspection procedures and quality assurance techniques.
- Actively engaged and supports continuous improvement of QC lab.
- Conduct inspections at First Article, in-process, in-coming and completes the final inspections.
- Perform first article inspections to support the component qualification process.
- Conduct various tests and quality checks on finished products. Insure that all products have been tested and fall within standards, measured to specifications and within tolerances, readability of labels, etc.
- Initiates Non-Conformance reports (Material Rejection Notices) as required
- Input and perform trending of key inspection process metrics; Document and report inspection findings and results and monitors corrective actions to inspection findings.
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
- Ensure calibration and maintenance is performed on inspection equipment.
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions.
- Communicate with project engineers to ensure schematics are in compliance with the final product.
- Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs; logs the assembly non-conformities and generates a report (NCR).
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations
Skills and Experience
- AS degree with 1 – 3 years’ experience preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to four years experience in mechanical inspection using open set ups, one year in Quality Department; calibration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with CMM required.