This position is accountable for upkeep and proper functionality. This position is also responsible for equipment and facilities maintenance, which includes repairing, rebuilding, and replacing production equipment as needed.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Additional duties as needed and assigned.
· Perform all scheduled maintenance on all existing equipment.
· Repair or rebuild equipment as needed to avoid breakdown.
· Troubleshoot and identify equipment problems.
· Interpret drawings and schematics to facilitate equipment repair.
· Notifies supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken and of quality problems or supplies needed.
· Informs supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment and corrective actions taken.
· Monitor facility systems to ensure correct and efficient operations.
· Perform general carpentry, electrical and plumbing tasks as needed.
· Construct or assemble furniture, partitions, etc. as needed. Performs simple carpentry tasks such as installing shelves, hooks or etc.
· Replace bulbs, lighting and plumbing fixtures, building hardware, etc. as needed.
· Touch-up and maintain appearance of paint, woodwork and flooring as needed and coordinate with outside Contractors when necessary.
· Wears protective equipment as necessary.
· Maintain power and hand tools in working order.
· Recommends new and/or replacement purchases of equipment as required.
· Keep maintenance room clean and organized.
· Follows Lock out-Tag out process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Formal Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance experience or schooling
· Skill in operation of tools and equipment.
· Ability to safely drive various vehicles.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, etc.
· Ability to work independently.
· Basic understanding of machine control and automation.
IV. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Employee must have working knowledge of manufacturing maintenance. The individual will be responsible for leading maintenance systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process and executing long term strategic plans. Must be self-motivated and possess well developed leadership skills.
· High school diploma
· 2 years of prior maintenance experience
· 2 year A.S. degree in Industrial Maintenance or Electronics