Electrical Contractor serving the greater New Orleans area and Northshore for over 40 years is seeking an Electrical Estimator to join their team.
- Meet with general contractors, engineers, architects, to find conditions and requirements prior to bids.
- Communicate with clients, vendors, contractors. etc. to ensure deadlines are met and projects are on task
- Remain on task with due dates, walk-throughs, meetings, licenses and documentation.
- Work well with project managers to ensure effective transition from pre-construction to construction.
- Estimate costs for small and large projects, specifically labor and material.
- Complete full electrical material take-off of bid documents.
- Knowledge of electrical methods and practices, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficient in scheduling, organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task, skilled in math and estimating, experience with construction documents, positive attitude and service oriented.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate of Completion for an accredited electrical apprenticeship program or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in electrical estimating.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 4 year degree or Associates Degree in Electrical Technology or Equipment.
- 4+ years industry experience in electrical construction.