Diesel Engine Mechanic
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4pm (May have Saturday shifts till noon depending on work levels)
$15.00 - $18.00 Depending on experience
Temp to Perm
JOB SUMMARY: Overhauling of complete engine and similar assemblies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Includes the following and other duties that may be assigned.
• Executes the production, assembly, retrofitting, reworking and testing of parts into working engines and similar assemblies in accordance with relevant Military specifications and company procedures.
• Is responsible for neat, clean and attractive appearance of assigned department workstation(s).
• Properly communicates problems, concerns, issues and improvement suggestions to department Lead Person.
• Supports and promotes all company polices and procedures.
• Is aware of and pursues all company production goals.
• Actively participates in department production meetings.
• Executes the production orders and documents results.
• Properly handles all company tooling and operates machinery in a safe manner.
• May be required to travel to customer and/or vendor locations for inspection and product support.
• Assist the Lead Person in the appropriate training of junior or new hire technicians.
• Standing, walking, bending and stretching are required regularly to perform duties and production functions.
• Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 25 pounds are regularly required to perform duties. Employee may frequently be required to lift up to 50 pounds
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate by speaking and listening.
• Vision must be sufficient to final inspect assembly parts, read documents, drawings, technical manuals and trade publications.
• Demonstrates math, writing, reading and communication skills to maintain production documents, provide team member