SUMMARY: Assists in the set up and assists in operating the machine to print and cut corrugated board by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
• Sets up the machine with the assistance of the operator and crew.
• Makes necessary adjustments during set up and run to insure quality work.
• Follows First Piece Sample Procedure after set up to insure production is to customer’s specifications.
• Monitors quality throughout the production run.
• Pulls samples and records data on statistical Process Control chart when appropriate.
• Completes the Quality Assurance check list sheet for each order.
• Shuts down machine and makes adjustments for quality when necessary.
• Identifies any nonconforming material discovered during the run and places a reject or hold tag on side of units. Notifies the department supervisor.
• Enters production data into computer.
• Clears machine jam ups with assistance from crew.
• Makes small mechanical repairs to equipment and reports significant and major mechanical failures to department supervisor immediately.
• Adheres to correct and proper clean up procedures as directed by department supervisor.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Read tape measure and calipers.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finge