This position process customer shipments and coordinates pickups with freight carriers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a safe and organized work environment
• Assists shipping supervisor with matching purchase orders to sales orders.
• Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
• Records and processes information about orders (pallets, weights, dimensions, etc.) in software systems to coordinate freight pickups, including small parcel, Less Than Truckload (LTL), Full Truckload (FTL), and international shipments.
• Handles freight damage claims to resolution.
• Assists in counting of physical inventory.
• May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
• Assigns correct carrier to customer orders and ensures they are correctly packaged.
• Communicates via email with other departments to provide or gather information regarding customer orders. • Understands daily shipment list and how to compile jobs to complete orders.
• Must be proficient in all responsibilities of shipping material handler including, but not limited to, strapping and wrapping pallets, operating pallet jacks, and loading/unloading trailers. • Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: • Good communication skills. • Good computer skills. • Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers. • Ability to read and write in English. • Problem solving and critical thinking skills. • Good MS Office skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: • HS diploma or equivalent preferred.
**submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org