Microbiology Tech/Clarence, NY/ 1st
An experienced Microbiology Technician is needed for a rapidly growing Clarence, NY manufacturer!
1st: 7:00am-3:30pm Monday – Friday (occasional Saturdays as needed)
Job Duties Include:
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions in his I her assigned work area
- Performing environmental monitoring of manufacturing areas (viable air, viable surface and non-viable particulate).
- Performing bioburden and endotoxin testing of component, product and water samples.
- Conducting a variety of laboratory tests such as pH, water chemistry, media QC, BI sterility, preparation of microbial ID samples and preparation of PCDs. Use standard laboratory equipment including pH meter, spectrophotometer, balance, incubator, autoclave, oven, pipettes and filter units.
- Accurately completing and entering of records and documents for tests performed
- Supporting microbiology laboratory investigations
- Assisting with sterilization validations such as preparation of validation samples, related paperwork and shipment of samples.
- 1 – 4 years’ experience in microbiology in a biopharmaceutical/medical device industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology/Biology or closely related field or Associates Degree in Microbiology/Biology or closely related field with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience working in a microbiology laboratory with experience in a FDA regulated industry.
- Experience in microbiological principles and applications related to microbial ID, validation and clean room technology. Trained in cGMP for laboratory operations and compliance to regulatory guidelines with working knowledge of microbiology, endotoxin testing, environmental monitoring, USP sterility and bioburden test methods.
- Proficiency with standard laboratory equipment including pH meter, spectrophotometer, balance, incubator, autoclave, oven, pipettes and filter units.
- Training to ISO, USP and GMPs standards.
- Technical Skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Project, Visio.)
Great opportunity with a growing Buffalo manufacturing facility! Apply now!
Military Veterans encouraged to apply!