Hiring for an Experienced Machine Operator with Woodworking Background in Suffolk, VA (23434)!
Hours: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm with occasional weekends and OT
Pay: $11.73/hr - Temp to Hire Opportunity - PAID Weekly!
- You would set up and prepare multiple machine functions on wood surfaces by utilizing the right equipment such as computer-controlled machinery.
- You will measure the dimensions of finished pieces and comply with quality, production and safety standards of work.
- You would lift workpieces to machines manually and or assisted with Lift tables lifting over 50 lbs sometimes
- Daily monitoring of machine operation and control panel displays
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
- Stack or load finished items or place items on conveyor systems
- Meet or exceed daily production requirements
Previous Machine Operating Experience
Previous Woodworking Experience Preferred
Must be able to measure dimensions!
- Safety focus at all times
- Mechanical aptitude
- Manual dexterity
- Interest in problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Math proficiency
- Computer proficiency
- Effective Communication – listening, responding, presenting
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in Math and reading comprehension