A Lackawanna manufacturer is seeking to add a maintenance mechanic to their team on 3rd shift.
Pay: starting at 15.50 based on experience
No electrical work is to be performed by candidate during temporary period.
This is a temp to hire opportunity through Remedy Staffing, once hired on a pay increase and shift differential will be received!
- using continuous improvement tools and principles
- responsible to repair, troubleshoot, and improve existing production equipment used in the production and fabrication of products
- Safety is critical to every position and person
- There is no task or assignment performed without safety at the forefront of our thoughts and actions.
- The business has an absolute commitment to safety above all else.
- The position will be expected to use continuous improvement tools and principles to improve safety, quality, service, and efficiency of our operations.
- Safely troubleshoot, repair and replace parts on production equipment such as but not limited to saws, pullers, routers, pumps, blowers, motors, loading systems, etc.
- Change grinder bed and rotary blades on the PVC grinder.
- Troubleshoot and repair blending equipment such as but not limited to the heat mixer, cool mixer, receiving hoppers, scales, micro stations, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair screw cooling, barrel cooling, and heating systems on extruder barrels
- Change wrapper rolls on the large shrink wrapper
- Perform preventative maintenance, track, record and update tasks in the maintenance management system on a computer database.
- Administrative duties – processing work orders, signing out parts using a scan gun, and ordering parts through purchase order systems.
- Performing STOP safety audits and entering data in Auditmatic (STOP Database).
- Perform other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
Education: High school diploma- 2 year certification or degree in mechanical preferred
Basic computer knowledge or experience in Word, Excel, and Access preferred