Provide timely order acceptance based on corporate policies and procedures and maintain an accurate backlog. May include direct coordination with Sales Account team, reviewing and validating customer documentation, order entry, order acceptance, backlog management, and fulfillment.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Data base user interface and query software — Corel Paradox; Database software; Microsoft Access; Oracle DBMS
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Bowen & Groves M1 ERP; Epicor Vantage ERP; Lawson M3 Supply Chain Management software; Oracle PeopleSoft
- Procurement software — Ariba Spend Management Suite; Bottomline Technologies Bottomline Sprinter Purchasing Manager; Purchasing software; PurchasingNet eProcurement
- Project management software — Microsoft Project; Primavera Systems SureTrak Project Manager
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel