Employee working in this area is required to test all batches of finished product to ensure quality standards are being adhered to. An employee working in this area is expected to operate as a member of a team, which includes assisting one another as needed. In the absence of the Quality Control Technician either another Quality Control Technician or an employee cross trained in that skill and that understands the food safety job requirements will perform this job function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate product in various phases of the production process to make sure they meet required specifications.
- Perform, document and analyze bostwick, brix and pH quality testing on all batches; notifies Process Manager or Process Team Leader of any discrepancies.
- Verify batches and finished product to ensure its compliance to specifications and flavor is appropriate for product.
- Perform line checks to ensure appropriate guidelines are followed in regards to, temperature, capper steam, cap alignment, labeling, and glass break procedures.
- Follow HACCP and food safety guidelines.
- Perform and document daily instrument calibration.
- Participate in and contribute to training programs, as designated by the company, that are periodically required to enhance safety, quality, cost, or job performance.
- Ensure compliance to plant rules and policies as they pertain to the operation to the product manufacturing process.
- Maintain housekeeping, GMP’s, and safety in the area.
- Assist with product recall procedures as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED). 2 year degree preferred
Previous Experience Requirement:
Previous manufacturing experience required. Previous experience in a Quality Control/Lab role preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Needed to Perform Effectively in this Position:
- Ability to interact with other employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must have an aptitude to make rational judgments based on conditions and facts on hand under a faced paced situation.
- Possess strong attention to detail skills.
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal direction.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Effective problem solving ability, including recommending and taking corrective action.