We are hiring a Process Techinican for a food manufacturing facility in Syracuse NY!
The Process Technician is responsible for ensuring that all assigned batches adhere to food safety and quality requirements by verifying ingredients for the product, following cook directions, and following documentation protocols. They are also responsible for assigning job duties to Process Assistants, working with the schedule to make sure product is ready to package when it should be and to ensure the HACCP guidelines, GMP’s, and SSOP’s are followed. An employee working in this area is expected to operate as a member of a team, which includes assisting one another as needed. In the absence of the Process Assistant either another Process Assistant or an employee cross trained in that skill and that understands the food safety job requirements will perform this job function.
- Verify Pre-flight checklists are completed by the process assistant
- Verify each ingredient is properly weighed and staged for each item
- Verify product ingredients before adding to the batch
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the company’s safety policies, HACCP Plan, GMP’s, and
- Maintain knowledge of each ingredient, its specifications and allergen status.
- Accurately measure, weigh, blend, and dump all raw materials to be batched for appropriate recipe
- Cook ingredients to specified standards.
- Perform high skilled cooking techniques, such as sautéing
- Perform process checks on all batches to ensure product quality. Ensure equipment is cleaned as necessary, assisting as needed
- Responsible to accurately check and legibly complete and /or sign all appropriate paperwork and documentation
- Maintain raw materials staged, in use, and returned in a manner consistent with plant quality, GMP,safety, and sanitation policies.
- Operate and take corrective action on equipment to ensure adequate flow of product to the line
- Inform supervisor of any issues that may affect the product manufacturing process.
- Ensure the contents of any raw materials left over from batching are accurately marked before
- returning them to the warehouse.
- Operate hand pumps, scales, hand jack, and fork lift.
- Maintain housekeeping, GMP’s, and safety in work area.
- Maintain reliable attendance, including overtime as needed.
- Responsible for wearing uniform on daily basis.
- Notify the supervisor of any given issue immediately.
5am-330pm - shift time
APPLY TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!!!