Are you familiar with handling and packaging material to Military Standards?
Do you know what it means to have Mil-Spec and or Mil-Standards packaging requirements?
Then this might be the perfect temp to hire opportunity for you to join a great company!
Remedy Intelligent Staffing is seeking a successful candidate for a great temp to hire opportunity handling Material with previous experience of Mil-Spec Mil-Standard packaging requirements.
Location: Chesapeake, VA
**Must be able to execute the MIL-SPEC MIL-STANDARD packaging requirements of the United States military and government agencies according to the government's and other contract specifications.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Support Packing Lead to accomplish packing and related and labor work.
- Accept instructions from Packing Lead. Performs a variety of tasks involved in packing and repacking non-hazardous and/or hazardous materials and items. Selects proper container and methods of packing, cushioning and following specialized packing procedures.
- Examines any prepackaged items to determine whether any repacking or over-packing is required
- Applies a variety of packing methods and techniques including blocking and bracing based on the search and application of regulations covering the packing and transporting of hazardous materials.
- Packs, preserves, or re-packs material or items where techniques and procedures are detailed, routine, repetitive, and/or require little or no deviation from established methods.
- Performs receiving, storing, shipment, and distribution of a variety of bin supplies, materials, equipment, and commodities using material handling equipment to include fork lift, stock selectors, etc.
- Knowledge of MIL Spec Packing Requirements (ASTM D3951, MIL-STD-2073-1 (Military) Preservation and Packing)
- 1+ years of applicable experience in a warehouse environment ideally with experience in a gov’t contractor environment .
- Familiar with MIL-SPEC MIL-STANDARD packaging requirements;
- Must be willing and able to routinely lift, move and place heavy items by hand or with the assistance of material handling equipment (hand-truck or dolly
- Must be willing to cross-train in different functions within the Warehouse to ensure timely completion of product delivery;
- Must have exceptional communication skills to function in team environment;
Veterans and Active Military are welcome and encouraged to apply!