Customs Entry Specialist/ Tonawanda, NY
An experienced Customs Entry Specialists is needed for a Tonawanda company to process clearances for all modes of transport and to coordinate the importation process to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of the US Customs Service as well as the company’s internal policies and procedures.
- 10:00am-6:00pm Tuesday Saturday
- 11:00am-7:00pm Monday - Friday
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Carefully reviewing import documentation for completeness;
- Following up with clients to ensure timely delivery of all requisite documents
- Processing customs entries in a timely manner for shipments arriving for all modes of transportation
- Maintaining strong knowledge of current US Customs and other government agencies requirements
- Coordinating with carriers, customs officers, PGA officials and clients to ensure on time delivery of goods
- Entering data in computer system
- Providing first class service to all internal and external customers
- Assigning correct tariff classifications
- Handling phone inquiries.
What You’ll Need:
- Good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft office products (experience with SmartBorder a plus!)
- Knowledge of Customs and OGA regulations and processes preferred
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and positive attitude with ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Amazing benefits available upon hire including 75% healthcare premium, 70% dental, 3% match on Simple IRA! Don’t miss out - apply now!
Military Veterans encouraged to apply!