not-for-profit corporation passionate about discovering and promoting new opportunities for people with disabilities to achieve their employment goals and expand their engagement with community members.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Supervises the human resources staff in GHRA. Responsible for evaluating performance and development of team.
- Responsible for ensuring procedures are administered within the guidelines of the human resources department.
- Acts as backup to the GHRA team and overall human resources department.
- Performs regular site visits to promote positive employee relations.
- In coordination with Employee and Labor Relations Manager leads internal investigations, responds to and represents the Company at unemployment hearings and EEO investigations.
- In coordination with the corporate recruiter, oversees the recruitment and onboarding of employees in the GHRA/VA Beach area. In collaboration with the Rehabilitation Service Department, markets jobs to individuals with disabilities and their supporting organizations. Conducts meetings/analysis to ensure effective position management.
- Builds positive relationships with recruitment sources.
- Administer Collective Bargaining Agreements in the Greater Hampton Roads area and is a knowledge resource during CBA reviews.
- Works collaboratively with the Greater Washington region Human Resources group and the Vice President of Corporate Communications regarding successful human resource events and/or activities; aids in the positive development of corporate culture and branding for the organization.
- Applies policy and procedure to ensure appropriate level of disciplinary action is taken. Responsible for reviewing and ensuring employee disciplinary and/or separation notices and related documentation is accurate and reflects the organization values.
- Consults with Managers and recommends appropriate disciplinary actions and notices.
- Ensures that discipline actions are in alignment with the Workforce Support and Development program.
- Participates in manager meetings and is a resource to managers.
- Responsible for ensuring up to date and accurate employee records.
- Administers company new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
- Coordinates with corporate benefits administrator to escalate complex benefit issues. Leads team on responding to day to day benefit inquiries/questions, supports in the completion of benefit enrollment forms and assists administration with resolving benefit matters. Manages open enrollment.
- Leads assigned corporate training for delivery/presentation to employees.
- Reviews SCA leave payout report and highlights employees with high balances for the managers to review.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements and corporate policy and procedures.
- Provides leadership to staff by fostering teamwork while balancing team and individual responsibilities; gives feedback to nurture a positive team spirit and quality performance and models dependability, hard work, strong business ethics and professional personal appearance.
Fosters an atmosphere that promotes Human Rights for all consumers and ensures training, incident reporting and awareness of responsibilities of all personnel regarding Human Rights matters.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS plus five (5) years direct human resources experience or AA plus six (6) years direct human resources experience. Previous supervisor experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures and the use of office machines, computers and computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess knowledge of employment laws and have ability to communication such information clearly and accurately
Must maintain confidentiality
Must be able to insert themselves in to difficult situations and maintain objectivity while ensuring overall company needs are maintained.
Continue to promote cross department positive relationships.
- Ability to project a positive and professional image to the public, co-workers and company clients.
- Ability to interact effectively and superlatively with people with disabilities
- Ability to obtain and maintain building security clearance required
- Ability to travel locally and work a flexible schedule as project needs demand.