Remedy Intelligent Staffing is currently partnering with a leading supplier of highly engineered, high-performance optical systems. We have a client with an immediate opening in their Rochester, NY office for a 3D CAD Designer.
- Designer will be responsible for the design and drafting of Engineered Solutions projects
- Utilize the Equipment Specification Sheets from the Project Engineer and vendor product information to model the equipment in 3D
- Utilize the Instrument Specification Sheets from the Project Engineer and vendor product information to model the instruments in 3D
- Participate in the customer model review with the engineer via internet meeting platforms and make any required resultant changes to the model.
- From the model, the Designer creates the 2D steel drawings, 2D orthographic and 2D isometric drawings used by the shop for fabrication of the system.
- From the model, the Designer provides the Project Engineer or Project Manager with the various bills of materials to be used for procurement of all system materials.
- During fabrication of the system, the Designer works with the Project Engineer and the shop to trouble shoot any issues with the fabrication and/or drawings and to make any changes in the design required by the customer or shop.
- Designer reviews the fabricated system and creates as-built model and drawings.