Manufacturing Research Scientist/ Buffalo, NY/ 1st
A very rapidly growing production facility in Buffalo, NY is seeking and experienced Manufacturing Research Scientist to conduct analytical research at an independent level using various chemistry, physical and instrumentation techniques.
1st: 7:00am-3:30pm Monday – Friday (occasional Saturdays as needed)
- Independently executing experimental studies and analytical method development and summarizing data
- Performing pharmaceutical product development and participate in manufacturing process development (including physical and chemical compatibility, scale up, and facilitate tech transfer)
- Handling analytical and preliminary process development and facilitate tech transfer to other departments and cross-functional groups, including QC and Engineering.
- Assisting or leading in writing technical protocols and reports, contributing to experimental design with justifications and developing specifications
- Supporting R&D stability studies and contribute in elucidating typical degradation profiles such as degradation rate determination under various conditions including pH, oxygen, buffer, temperature, light and physical interactions.
- Providing technical troubleshooting support, knowledge transfer and training/coaching to other lab members and other technical departments.
- Participating in experimental design.
- Performing general maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Additional job-related duties as required
- Master of Science degree or higher degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of similar work experience in a R&D environment.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 7 years in a chemistry or R&D laboratory environment.
- Experience in method development applicable to topical products preferred.
Pay commensurate with experience. Great opportunity for an experienced Scientific Professional with a growing Buffalo manufacturer! Apply today!
Military Veterans encouraged to apply!