Now Hiring Pipe Production Laborers!!
***Long term temporary positions. Overtime and a rotational work schedule required.***
Position may include any of the following job functions:
- Identify plates and control flow of thee plates into the planer. Initiate and maintain plate markers report. Inspect quality and dimension of plates as necessary.
- Stencils pipe with information according to standard practices and/or directions from supervision.
- Assists shipper in pipe shipping activities. Assists in loading of pipe onto rail cars, trucks, or other conveyances including car or truck set-up, building of dunnage using pneumatic nail guns, etc.
- Moves pipe through work areas using pipe transport equipment.
- Grinds surface defects on pipe using a 110 grinder.
- Inspects ID and OD welds directly after welding to identify visual defects and notify team leader. Grind ID and OD undercuts when feasible. Cut lab test identified by the quality control lab using a natural gas cutting torch.
- Cut off station cuts pipes off that are identified to have defects using a plasma cutting torch. Grinds ID and OD weld flush after cut off using a pneumatic grinder with a cup grinding wheel.
- Utilize tools such as, hacksaw, cable, pipe bar, banding and cables, chains, hoists, tractor, forklift
- Utilize tools such as fork truck, drum hooks, burning torches, bars, cables, sledge hammers, pneumatic air tools, grinders, crimper devices, etc.
General Working Procedures to be Followed:
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed.
- Responsible for accurate input of production data into computer.
- Assist Maintenance Team as directed.
- Perform minor maintenance repair and preventive maintenance as directed.
- Responsible for housekeeping in work areas.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Eligibility Qualifications...
- HS Diploma, GED, or higher education (proof needed to apply)
- 12 months of prior industrial experience in machine operation, construction, industrial or production work is preferred, but not required.
- Resume needed to apply
- Ability to successfully complete basic industrial math testing.
- Valid Driver's License or State ID
- Previous Employment History Verification
- Financial capability to purchase TWIC card
- Background Check including Felony and Misdemeanor Conviction Search.