Super User will be supporting all aspects of Contract Logistics using existing Warehouse Management System (WMS) knowledge to help drive consistency and best practices. The Super User will work closely with the Contract Logistics leadership team to implement a WMS, configure the WMS to meet business processes for a given facility, and train operational staff in proper usage of the WMS. The Super User s position provides support to the operational groups ensuring effective usage of the WMS to enable daily processing, identify improvement opportunities, and record operational metrics.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Implementation support and coordination of the WMS to serve as a liaison between the Contract Logistics division and the IT department.
- Configure the WMS for warehouse and warehouse process components.
- Ensure WMS configuration correlates to standard work documents
- Provide WMS training to operational personnel before the Go Live date.
- Test functions of the WMS in conjunction with IT support.
- Recommend WMS changes in support of the business unit goals.
- Within the WMS, implement best practices and processes for the local warehouse facility.
- Perform WMS support for new facility implementations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and integrate operational customer requirements with current WMS
- Ability to contribute toward divisional strategy and future direction for the WMS and related operational applications.
- Recent experience with Oracle
- Recent experience implementing and configuring a WMS
- Recent experience in a distribution, warehousing, assembly or contract packaging operation in a Super User role
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office tools (at least Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to interpret customer specifications into operational process flows
- Demonstrated ability to utilize WMS functionality to resolve business operational problems
- Demonstrated ability to understand details of the WMS functionality and articulate that understanding to others
- Demonstrated ability to train all levels of employees
- Ability to work independently as well as a team members
- Relevant work experience with at least one WMS (3 to 5 years of experience).
- Minimum of one year of experience with the implementation of a WMS
- Minimum of one year of experience in third-party logistics (3PL) environment.
- Relevant work experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Relevant work experience in a distribution, warehousing, assembly or contract packaging operation in a Super User role (2 to 3 years of experience)