Remedy Staffing is assisting a Lackawanna manufacturer to find a maintenance mechanic to join their team on C shift!
Hours are 11:00pm-7:30am Monday- Friday with possible overtime required
Payrate is based on experience averaging $15-$16 per hour
Safety is of primary importance to this and all positions.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, and using continuous improvement tools and principles, this position is responsible to perform pm’s, repair, troubleshoot, and improve existing production equipment used in the production and fabrication of the Fence, Deck, and Railing products.
- Safely perform PM’s and repair production equipment such as but not limited to extruders, saws, pullers, routers, pumps, blowers, motors, loading systems, conveyors, and other various production equipment, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance, track, record and update tasks in the maintenance management system on a computer database
- Administrative duties – processing SAP work orders, signing out parts using a scan gun, and ordering parts through a purchase order system
- Perform STOP safety audits and entering data in Auditmatic
- Perform other tasks as requested by the supervisor
- Accurate- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly is essential.
- Communication (Oral) - Ability to communicate with Supervisor, Leads, Coworkers and Managers effectively is essential.
- Decision Making- Ability to make decisions while following all Company safety rules and procedures is essential especially, when working in and around moving high speed equipment.
- Detail Orientated- Ability to note minute detail impacting product quality and packaging is critical.
New graduates and candidates attending classes in mechanical fields are encouraged to apply!
High School diploma or equivalent is required for this position.