The Development Coordinator is responsible for the year-round fundraising and grant-writing for the Community Development Initiatives Department. This position leads and assists with event coordination and management of grants and donated funds. The position researches and identifies grant-funded sources to support the Housing Authority’s Community Development Initiatives; coordinates the development, writing and submission of grant proposals to public and private funding agencies. The position is responsible for social media for the Department to promote activities, events, and success stories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed. These essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and regular attendance must be maintained.
- Researches, identifies and creates a database of grant-funding resources and donor resource that is available through public and private agencies
- Leads, manages, and assists with special programs.
- Develops strategies, including a calendar, to coordinate and administer activities in securing grants from funders and all committee related activities. Ensure that predetermined goals are met as well as convening and administering grant committee activities.
- Manages assigned grant awards to include, but not limited to, the collection of revenues and required reporting.
- Secures and maintains relationships with potential donors.
- Develops and maintains social media and grants; maintains master files for department.
- Confers with personnel affected by proposed grant applications to outline program goals and objectives, assists with developing budget, and explains procedures necessary to obtain funding.
- Writes grant applications, according to format required, and submits application to public and private funding agencies.
- Reviews and interprets funding requirements to ensure eligibility and successful grant submission and funding awards.
- Provides data and reports to ensure performance-based, contractual and regulatory goals are reached.
- Prepares compliance reports, including data collection, analysis and interpretation of department and/or grant funded activities.
- Collect, analyze and report data on performance of activities that are funded.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Accounting, Political Science, Social Studies, or a related field.
- One (1) year of experience working in grant administration, including grant writing, grant monitoring, or a related field.
- Must have the ability to learn and use cloud applications such as Google GSuite applications to include but not limited to: Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides. Understanding document sharing and collaboration in the cloud. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, cloud accessible applications to include but not limited to: One drive, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint or MAC or PC desktop equivalent is acceptable.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening test.
Please come by and speak to one of our professional Recruiters at either one of our office locations:
North Office - 2518 Nacogdoches Rd San Antonio, Texas 78217 / 210.366.3400
South Office - 1950 S.W. Military Dr. San Antonio, Texas 78221 / 210.973.6878