Tier 1 Automotive Company in Hilliard Ohio looking for a 1st Shift Production Manager. Must have experience working within the Automotive Industry and experience with QAD software in order to be considered!!!
This position is responsible for all business associated with the Columbus Warehouse. Manage cross-functional communications between sales team, factory, vendors, customers, and department members to ensure timely and accurate data/information is properly collected and utilized in achieving the department and corporate goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists Warehouse in resolving internal and external conflicts pertaining to their specific job functions.
- Responsible to report group activities to senior management during regular meetings or upon specific request.
- Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, training, annual formal performance evaluations, recognition, etc.).
- Effectively leads and supervises order processing, courier, inventory control, RMA to ensure proper work flow and adherence to department processes and policies.
- Develops and implements inventory management procedure for Pass-Through products utilizing current professional practices.
- Assist manufacturing plant management with inventory management, to include cyclical and annual inventory audits.
- Identify opportunities to reduce shipping and inventory cost and increase efficiency, and develop plans to implement improvements.
- Assists other team members with customer or supplier negotiations.
- Creates and submit federal, state and local EPA compliance documents.
- Responsible for safety activities of the warehouse operation, to include training and OSHA compliance.
- Schedules Facility and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Purchases equipment and supplies for the facility.
- Creates and maintains documents for ISO certification and compliance.
- Maintains and monitors department budget activities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically with Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Exposure to QAD Software and experience with manufacturing ERP systems
- Capable of interfacing with HR on pertinent issues
- Knowledge of international trade, and willingness to continually learn and study federal/state/international laws and other issues pertaining to the position’s activities
- Strong organizational, multitasking and project management skills.
- Strong ability to analyze, gather and interpret information and data.
- Ability to deal courteously and professionally with others in difficult situations.
- Self-directed and demonstrates initiative to take action.
- Ability to build, improve and maintain relationships with clients and employees, develop staff, and coordinate needed support services to effectively run the portfolio and meet or exceed financial and operational goals of the assigned account(s). Individual’s performance will be evaluated based on, but not limited to, achieving financial goals, developing staff and on providing quality customer service
Education and Experience:
- At least three years in distribution management
- Maintained a good understanding of relevant accounting, international trade, and commercial issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business field, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Japanese business culture or language is preferred (however not required).