$80,000 - $100,000 Salary Range is negotiable and based upon experience.
Electrical Contractor serving the greater New Orleans area and Northshore for over 40 years is seeking a Senior Electrical Designer to join the team.
Successful employees have also come from positions such as Associate Drafter, CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator), CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician), Drafter, Electrical Drafter, Engineering Agent, Engineering Associate, Line Staker, Staking Engineer.
- Collaborating with engineers and architects for instruction and to resolve design issues
- Communicating with electricians for design details and feedback for improvements
- Provide guidance to assist electricians during repair or installation.
- Review drafts to provide cost estimates and ensure plans meet regulations
- Knowledge of electrical transmission principles, NFPA 70, building codes/regs, MS Office, CADD systems, analytical skills, proficient verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Drafting Certificate or related certification
- Electrical Journeyman's License
- 10 years experience
- Auto CAD experience (or similar software)
- AS in Electrical Engineering or related field (5+ years of construction-related experience may be substituted)
- 15+ years industry experience
- OSHA Certification