Reputable insurance firm looking for an Accountant!
- Prepares monthly internal financial reporting package and variance analysis
- Evaluate and analyze underwriting expense variances
- Prepares the consolidated GAAP financial statements
- Prepares investment reporting on a quarterly and annual basis
- Prepares the Company’s statutory quarterly and annual statements filings.
- Researches and reviews both SAP & GAAP accounting guidance and literature
- Responsible for all financial reporting aspects including financial statement presentation, journal entries, and payment processing
- Analyze historical and current information to forecast trends.
- Prepare entries to the cash ledger and general ledger documenting business transactions.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts monthly.
- Processes requests for check disbursements by verifying properly approved invoices
- Assists with the annual audits of the Company.
- Assists in establishing, modifying, and documenting of accounting and accounting internal control procedures.
- Assists in determining work procedures, preparing work schedules and expediting workflow.
- College or university degree with a major in Accounting; and 3 to 5 years related experience
- Ability to apply technical, analytical, judgment, cognitive reasoning, and mathematical skills
- Financial statement preparation and/or general ledger experience required.
- Working knowledge of financial accounting concepts and principles
Salary: $55K-$72K DOE
Apply Now! Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (808) 733-8550 for more information