Machinist/ Lancaster, NY/ 1st Shift
An established and growing Lancaster production company is seeking and experienced Machinist to perform a variety of duties including designing, machining, assembling, and repairing molds.
1st: 6:00am-2:30pm, 7:00am-3:30pm or 8:00am-4:40pm Monday – Friday
- Working with existing machine shop personnel to build an understanding of shop standards and expectations
- Assisting engineers and technicians in reviewing overall mold designs and specifications
- Analyzing specific mold component designs in SolidWorks
- Evaluating tooling and stock to determine if specialized setups will be required
- Developing cutting paths in CAMWorks
- Setting up tooling using a tool pre-setter when required
- Setting up CNC Mills to machine precision mold components
- Operating CNC machines to complete cutting operations
- Measuring mold components with calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers, and other precision instruments
- Communicating component information to mold assemblers
- Cleaning machines and work area daily
- Must be familiar with 3-D CAD and CAM software, vertical CNC mills, and measuring equipment
- CNC turning experience preferred
- Knowledge of wire EDM, manual mills, manual lathes, and surface grinding is a plus.
- Strong Computer Skills
- Ability to multi-task programming, setup, and machining operations
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to interact and communicate with peers, managers, vendors and customers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Competitive pay! First shift hours! Apply today!
We welcome Veterans and active military members to apply!