This position is responsible for operating various types of packaging equipment in accordance with process and quality standards so as to meet production schedules assigned.
• Operates various processing or packaging equipment.
• Will help palletize when needed.
• Ensures proper materials are being used and documented with accuracy (ex: label inserts, paper, bags, and fillings.).
• Ensure proper disposal of product rejected by metal detector and document occurrences.
• Properly assemble materials and equipment for changeovers.
• Maintain cleanliness on line and 5S standards. Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. End of shift requires removal of any waste and garbage generated during the shift.
• Ensure proper care of equipment.
• Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Report any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
• Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
• Support and comply with GMP's.
• Participate in TPM initiatives.
• Follow all company policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand for a prolonged time, walk, and sit.
• The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.