Looking for someone with Plumbing, Electrical or Mechanical Experience
Pay starting at $14 and up depending on experience.
Primary responsibility is to perform basic functions for custom vehicles utilizing power and hand tools.
Plumbing: Perform duties to prep and install plumbing components on fire apparatus
Electrical: Perform duties to install and assemble a range of basic electrical components Rigging: Perform duties to assemble and install basic accessories and hardware
Mechanical: Perform duties to assemble and install basic mechanical and hydraulic components on vehicles or aerial devices
1. Ensure manufacturing, quality, and safety requirements are met.
2. Work from schedules, manuals, wiring diagrams, shop orders, prints, pick lists, BOM’s, photos, and instructions; will become familiar with schematics.
3. Identify and understand basic plumbing, electrical and mechanical components that are commonly used in assembly.
4. Review shop orders and similar materials to determine requirements. Retrieve parts, materials, and supplies from staging location.
5. Familiar and able to operate hand and power tools.
Equipment Used: Hand tools to include but not limited to: power tools, saws, impact wrenches, stud welder, grinders, belt sander, drill press, tape measure templates, and heat gun. Overhead crane and fabrication equipment such as punch presses, shears and press brakes.
1. Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
2. Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps etc.