This position is responsible for the in process, 1st article, and final inspection of finished products according to the requirements for RTC and the customer. It may include visual and/or measurement as a method of inspection using various hand tools, open plate inspection, CMM, optical comparator, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs in process, 1st article, and final inspection of finished work to ensure compliance with exact customer specification, this may include using lab equipment and measuring tools.
- Reject inferior (scrap) product.
- Maintain daily records of production and inspection activities, operator quality and labor tickets.
- Manage flow of material through department.
- Participates in communication between shifts and with departments.
- Performs calculations relative to inspection requirements.
- Other duties as assigned to the inspection area.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Understanding of G D, and T
- Above average blue print interpretation.
- Open plate inspection experience.
- Ability to create excel spreadsheets.
- CMM experience.