Position Summary: The Customer Relations Administrative Assistant performs clerical duties, including switchboard and receptionist. In addition, coordinates workflow for the sales team. The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for Customers and visitors and must present a professional demeanor at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer phones and distribute calls – Receptionist must be at station at all times during assigned shift. Team members are available for back up.
- Prepare, fulfill and record Customer catalog requests resulting in same day turnaround
- Process web, fax and email orders as needed to support sales team
- Arranges and files Customer orders
- Email invoices to Customers as needed
- Provide clerical support to Customer Service and Visible Systems Representatives
- Maintain weekly/daily phone coverage schedule for Sales team. Adjust based on absences, meetings or special needs.
- Maintain late day schedule for Reps, one month in advance.
- Send standard customer email template reminders for declined credit card transactions.
- Complete weekly summary reports as needed
- Sign-in visitors and announce their presence to appropriate individuals
- Assist Marketing team with data entry of mail and email lists
- Recognize, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
- Professionally represent the company to clients and customers via the phone, internet and in person if needed.
- Participate in developing business process improvements and service innovations.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Strong computer skills, Word, Excel and internet research
- Ability to work both independently and also in a team-based environment.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to prioritize own work and accept shifts in priority based on business needs.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent interpersonal (written & verbal) communication skills