Immediate opportunity for an experienced Industrial Sewer in Waterloo, IA!
Hours: 5a - 1:30p
Sewing Machine Operator Job Description:
Operates industrial sewing machines to join, gather, hem, reinforce, or decorate articles. Manufacture products made from various canvas material into large shade coverings and awnings.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Up to one month related experience or training
- Ability to read/write and comprehend simple oral instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Read tape measures
- Employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds using a pushing and/or pulling movement.
All Military and Veterans welcome.