JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the accounting functions related to various real estate portfolio including multi-family and commercial properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by the client.
- Prepare monthly financial package with supporting schedules for a portfolio of properties
- Ensure fixed asset transactions (acquisitions, capitalization, dispositions, transfers and depreciation) are properly recorded in the fixed asset system
- Reconcile mortgage and escrow balances
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries to the general ledger
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Assist in preparing quarter-end and year-end packages to the CPA firms
- Assist in month-end closeout
- Assist in the recording of purchases and sales of real estate transactions
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or an equivalent discipline
- 2-4 years relevant work experience in the real estate field
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to balance time during busy month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting