Now accepting applications for Materials Handlers with client, Trane/IR, for facility for assembly of light commercial air conditioners.
**Please be advised online applications must be completed thoroughly, including previous work history and skill selections, for consideration.**
Material handlers are required to safely perform and follow highly repetitive work to strict PIV operation standards. They will support product development, sustaining current products and customer special orders with written and oral directions, frequent guidance and supervision. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining a neat and organized work area as well as follow all PIV safety guidelines.
- Delivery of light commercial air conditioner parts, driving PIV in close proximity within and outside the facility. The material delivery requirements is subject but not limited to:
- lifting repetitively
- Operating numerous types of PIV’s(Powered Industrial Vehicles): Fork lift, Man-up fork lift, Tuggers and Cushmans,
- Loading and unloading racks and carts
- Loading and unloading Semi trailers.
- Operating manipulators, and hoists
- Performing daily PIV audits
- Must have experience in material handling, warehousing. One year preferred.
- Must have experience with driving PIV’s: Fork lift, Man-up fork lift, Tuggers and Cushmans,
- Must work effectively under a variance of temperature and noise levels.
- Use senses (see, hear, smell, touch) to detect quality defects and unsafe conditions
- Other duties as assigned
To perform these tasks, Materials Handers must be able to:
- Must be physically able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with provided machinery and personnel.
- Push and pull up to 70 pounds force repetitively for more than 2/3 of the work shift.
- Push and pull up to 20 pounds force overhead repetitively for more than 2/3 of the work shift.
- Must conduct affairs of the company and interact with suppliers and customers in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Position is introduced to a variance of noise and temperature levels.
- Position will require overtime.
- Must be able to operate PIV’s in close proximity with other PIV’s and people in a safe manner.
- While performing the duties of the Material handling Technician, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and lift products; frequently use hands to reach, handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls 2/3 of their work shift. Required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 2/3 of their work shift.
- Work areas and operations require the use of safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as deemed necessary. The employee will encounter routine exposure to grease, oil, water-based glues and cleaning agents.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Online application must be completed thoroughly, including employment history and skill selection for consideration.
• Previous Employment History Verification
• Background Check including Felony and Misdemeanor Conviction Search. (Disqualifying discoveries may include, but are not limited to, the following: Felony or Misdemeanors convictions of Theft, Dishonesty, Violence, DUI, and Manufacturing/Trafficking/Distribution of Illegal Drugs or Controlled Substances.)
• Plant Tour
• Drug Screening
• Physical Ability Screening
Preferred Qualifications: • HS Diploma/GED • Valid Driver License • Stable Work History • Previous Work Experience in Industrial Environment