Our client in North Salt Lake is searching for a Manufacturing Supervisor. This is an amazing direct hire opportunity! As the Supervisor you are responsible for the product which is being produced and the management of the people within their area. In this position you are liaison between management and the employees.
Responsible for implementing company initiatives and motivating the workforce to meet goals. Production supervisors accomplish this by maintaining human safety, assisting in product-quality inspections, implementing ideas to improve manufacturing efficiency, interfacing with vendors, and being responsible for collecting, recording, and reporting operational data.
Pay Rate: $24.00-27.00/hr.
Shift: 4:00 PM - 12:30 AM (some Saturday's mandatory)
Apply now for immediate consideration!
- Supervises a crew of up to 10 employees and prioritizes work.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
- Assure the safety of all employees and insure that safe working conditions exist in all areas while implementing continuous improvement plans to eliminate all work related incidents.
- Confer with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, policies and procedures.
- Assure all standards are met and ensure compliance with all engineering specifications and certification agencies.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations, customer service and cost factors.
- Control inventory, scrap and material utilization.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine cause of nonconformity with product specifications and operating of production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Work with production control supervisor to revise production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating systems.
- Consults with maintenance personnel relative to modifications of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Assist and mentor the development of those employees identified as possible candidates for future advancement through the use of training programs, educational opportunities and mentoring to better qualify them for current and future positions within the company.
- Confer with management to uphold company policies, maintain superior employee relations and attain company wide goals.