We have an immediate need for a Machine Room Supervisor at our Lacey, WA location.
The Woodshop Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day running of production processes in machining operations. This position requires overseeing employees engaged in operations including the use of machine tools, motors, air tools, small hand tools, Multiple CNC machines, Multiple edge banders, dowel machine, etc.
Recommends equipment upgrades and staffing adjustments. Maintain a departmental Job Matrix on all employees within the department. Reports to Production Manager.
- Provide a safe working environment. Help develop, document, deploy and maintain safety systems to ensure all associates and equipment are operating safely and complaint to OSHA requirements.
- Achieve labor efficiency standards. Communicating job expectations to employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Manage staffing levels and machine utilization to match operational capacity to the work order backlog with other departments.
- Initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Quality management. Help maintain quality systems that identify defects where they are created and prevent them from moving to the next operation.