THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY
Pay Rate: $28.74 - $31.25/HR (DOE)
Location: Salt Lake City, UT 84123
Shift: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Mon-Fri
Our ideal job candidate is highly motivated, self-disciplined, enjoys hands-on work within a fun environment and works well with others. Having a high attention to detail, a strong communicator and leader are essential.
In our ever growing business it’s important to have a consistent focus on growth, both personally and departmentally. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills to meet and exceed department goals. Must have 3 - 5 years experience with production planning and material control in a manufacturing environment.
- Participate and drive scheduling meetings with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Customer Service personnel with emphasis on fulfilling open orders, communicating schedule priorities, and facilitating interdepartmental discussions.
- Prepare daily schedules, travelers, and routers for all areas within the compound and accessories value streams.
- Assign manufacturing dates based on input from Procurement, Inventory, Receiving, and Shipping and Operations.
- Provides manufacturing operations with a schedule that maximizes efficiency, resources and capacity to ensure on time delivery within an established budget.
- Determine production priorities utilizing production plan, sales forecast and sales order requirements and ERP system-driven planning reports.
- Track all work-in-progress versus published schedules. Generate and distribute daily production metrics.
- Develop and implement improvements in scheduling to achieve optimum productivity.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Dept to communicate changes that will impact material planning activities and material supply availability.
- Identify backlogs and collaboratively resolve open issues; ensure timely completion of material issues, goods confirmation to ensure accurate inventory levels and system data.
- Analyze material availability and production capacity in order to achieve on-time customer deliveries, or propose alternate production/delivery schedule based on material availability and/or capacity constraints.
- Strong knowledge of Lean manufacturing concepts such as Kanban, Heijunka, etc.
- Knowledge and utilization of scheduling, inventory control and planning methods.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think quickly and adjust plans accordingly.
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel.
- Training and Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. APICS Certification preferred.