New opportunity in the banking industry for an EXPERIENCED Mortgage Closer in Waterloo, IA
Hours: 8a-5p Monday - Friday
The Mortgage Closer's primary focus is to assemble, prepare and review critical closing documents for mortgage loans. If the mortgage loan is approved, the Mortgage Closer coordinates the closing process to ensure that all documents are correct, and all terms of the loan are met.
- Facilitate the closing of first mortgage loans in a timely manner. Includes document preparation, scheduling the closing with appropriate parties, ordering payoffs, and conducting the actual closing with members/realtors.
- Prepare, reconcile, and approve HUD-1/HUD-1A settlement statements including verifying fees, property taxes, tax prorating, and detail buyer/seller costs.
- Clear the preliminary title report of any item that will prevent attaining the appropriate lien position.
- Review all closing documentation to ensure that all required documents and information are present, and that the information contained in the documentation complies with organization, regulatory, and investor requirements.
- Input data into system to prepare all forms, statements and documents relevant to the loan closing.
- Facilitate post-closing functions including disbursement of funds, phone calls, and generation/maintenance of required government reports. Complete an internal accounting record of the disbursement checks and balance amount with the loan funds held in escrow account.
- Ability, availability, and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate loan volume during periods of peak demand.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Dependable and punctual; flexible during peak times.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without close supervision.
- Problem solving; analysis.
All Military and Veterans welcome.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- 2 years first mortgage or consumer lending experience.
- Knowledge of Mortgage processes/paperwork.