- Performs minor repairs to building and building services such as lighting, piping systems, plumbing, electrical systems.
- Helps keep inventory of repair supplies and materials.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Operates powered shop equipment following all safety guidelines.
- Cleans and restores equipment and machinery.
- Performs routine oiling and greasing of maintenance shop equipment.
- Makes preventative maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Maintain daily-required records.
- Performs housekeeping duties in accordance with established housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Modification/fabrication of equipment/fixtures.
- Hydraulic/pneumatic press tooling changes.
- Contribution to continuous improvement program.
- 5 years of previous manufacturing, mechanical and electrical experience/training.
- Good math and reading skills.
- Excellent team player – able to successfully work in many areas within RTC.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Familiar with 3-phase 480/208V electrical service and 1-phase 240/120V and DC volt system.
- Knowledge of hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Welding/fabrication skills.
- Basic computer skill (i.e., internet, word processing, spreadsheet).