Buyer/ Tonawanda, NY
An experienced Chemical Buyer is needed for a rapidly growing production facility in Tonawanda to work with multiple disciplinary teams to deliver an optimized solution (from a cost and risk standpoint) to both external customers and manufacturing plants. This individual will also will primarily support the procurement process for industrial commodities and will directly negotiate with suppliers on a daily basis.
Essential Chemical Buyer Job Duties:
- Working diligently with the sales and development team to meet customer needs.
- Sourcing raw materials and freight
- Utilizing all options to mitigate any potential price increase
- Negotiating purchases and establishing contracts for critical materials from approved sources
- Continuously developing and optimizing supplier relationships to gather information to source best quality products at optimum prices
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers, scheduling deliveries, creating bill of ladings and managing logistics in regards to purchasing
- Handling all raw material claims, returns, feedbacks and bringing them to a timely closure
- Consistently comparing prices, specifications and delivery dates and advising senior leadership of market intelligence and providing recommendations to improve company performance.
- Consulting with procurement leadership and expediting supplier goods purchases, where required, to meet shortfall or increases over current plans and sales requirements
- Performing additional job-related duties as assigned
Chemical Buyer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Chemistry, Supply Chain, or related field
- 5-7 years’ relevant work experience, industrial and chemicals a MUST
- 3+ years’ in operational purchasing or relevant business experience such as supply chain, operations, project management
- Manufacturing work setting and chemical industry required
- Microsoft Excel and AX preferred, Office 365 a plus
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively
- Thorough working knowledge of Purchasing polices, processes and procedures
- Good attention to detail and ability to handle multiple project simultaneously
Amazing opportunity for an experienced Chemical Buyer with a growing international manufacturing facility in Tonawanda! Apply now!