New 1st Shift Press Brake Operator Available in Buffalo NY!
Temp to Hire!
Steel Toes Required!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate brakes and associated machinery to meet production requirements.
- Gather, preset and install proper tooling and fixtures.
- Run first piece and assure conformance to drawing.
- Inspect all parts as required by process sheet and drawings, using all types of precision measuring instruments, including coordinate measuring device.
- Document inspection data and procedures
- Check tooling wear and change as needed.
- Monitor production processes at appropriate intervals to insure continued part compliance
- Coordinate with programming to flat pattern layout.
- Determine with Quality Control in-process inspection requirements, gauging and measuring devices.
- Monitor production to ensure conformance with process sheet and time standards.
- Monitor machine maintenance for lubrication, guarding and cleanliness.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Reads and interprets complex drawings/blueprints to produce acceptable parts
- Ability to independently set up tooling
- Strong computer literacy and math aptitude
- Able to follow directions precisely and perform repetitive tasks
Experience and Education:
- Two years experience operating and setting up press brakes in the sheet metal industry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in written and verbal English