Hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 530pm.
Must have STEEL TOES and be able to use a computer.
Position mostly involves counting and packaging springs into bags and boxes using scales as a member of a friendly team of coworkers in a warehouse and manufacturing environment. Other required duties can include but are not limited to wrapping skids, climbing rolling stairs, moving inventory, cleaning the work areas, pulling orders, operating a scissor lift (will train), operating an order picker lift (will train), operating a fork lift and reach truck (will train).
Ideal candidate will have:
• A good sense of humor
• Previous experience using piece counting scales, fork lifts, scissor lifts, packaging, and other warehouse experiences
• A tidy and organized work style
• Must work well with others and be a team player
• Ability to quickly and easily count up to 100 pcs
• Able to do basic math without a calculator (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
• Lifting, pushing, and pulling 40 lbs throughout the day
• Crouching, bending, and standing most of, if not all of, the shift
• Close mental and visual attention with steady fine motor skills for scale setups and counting of tiny parts
• Ability to understand and communicate verbal and written instructions and questions
• Basic computer and printer skills
• Music can be listened to with one ear bud only (for safety reasons) - no music is allowed while pulling orders or setting up scales
• Position requires steel toed shoes and will sometimes require other safety gear (safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, harness, etc.)