Summary of Position:
The Scale Technician performs installation, maintenance and repair of precision weighing equipment along with the calibration of test measurement and equipment using multimeters, power supplies, frequency counters, calipers, calibrated weights, hydraulic and torque devices. The accredited calibration certifications and verification is completed on industrial weighing equipment in support of various manufacturing facilities including automobile, chemical, power generation, academic, food and food manufacturing, and several other industries. The scope of calibrations are performed from laboratory equipment up to and including truck and railroad scales.
- Provide precision calibration, according to detailed procedures, specifications, blueprints, drawings, and other technical requirements.
- Maintain documentation in an organized and controlled manner using site and company compliance and standards.
- Collect, compile, measure, summarize, and record data gathered during calibrations to prepare calibration reports and certificates.
- Identify out-of-tolerance conditions and perform corrective action via adjustments, component replacement, correction factors, etc. per Company specific procedures and processes.
- Understand measurement errors and contributing factors that may result in inaccurate measurements.
- Communicate with other technicians, managers, internal and external customers and vendors.
- Comply with all required ISO standards.
- Must be able to follow detailed procedures with limited or no supervision.
- Experience with electronic theory, physical/dimensional principles, and calibration methodologies.
- Ability to learn and setup, calibrate, and troubleshoot temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, level, balancing, density,. viscosity instrumentation, pH and conductivity analyzers, control valves mulimeters and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to perform general math and algebra functions
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, technical writing ability preferred
- Must be able to troubleshoot, align and optimize precision equipment.
- Must possess a strong attention to details
- Dependable and strong work ethic
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or ISO 17025
- Welding or torch skills
- Must be able to use and properly care for precision measurement equipment.
- Ability to work in and on-call and overtime as needed.