Remedy Staffing is hiring for a sit-down forklift operator for a large distribution warehouse in the west area of San Antonio, TX.
Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM w/ occasional weekends needed
- Responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise.
- The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
- Receiving/Put-Away: Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Quality: Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Report quality variances. Order Picking:
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards. Loading: Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers. Equipment:
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment.
- Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away, and load functions, as required.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods. Inventory: Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation. Safety, Sanitation, Security: Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards. Maintenance: Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required.
Please call or apply in person to one of our office locations:
- 1950 SW Military Dr. San Antonio, TX 78221 ph: 210-973-6878
- 2518 Nacogdoches Rd. San Antonio, TX 78217 ph: 210-366-3400
HS Diploma /GED
Must be able to complete assessments
1-2 years experience
Must be able to lift 25 lbs or more