Remedy Staffing is hiring a weekend live-in special needs caregiver in the Tyler, Texas area!
Hours: 3:00PM Friday - 5:00PM Sunday
Previous caregiving a must
Licensing not required but preferred
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: Life experiences appropriate to the position; Experience working with
developmentally disabled persons preferred.
Supervises: Direct Care Worker as assigned
Summary: The House Manager supervises adults with disabilities, using reasonable
actions to ensure the safety and well-being of each adult, effectively communicate facility and programmatic behavioral expectations and limitations to adults, and maintain compliance with agency policies and procedures and established state and federal standards and requirements.
- Assists each resident toward the achievement of active treatment goals and documents suing agency approved method of documentation.
- Supports residents in each home during self-administration of medications and insures documentation is accurate.
- Follows BVT Medical Decision Tree and communicate accordingly
- Documents resident behaviors on appropriate forms such as Incident and Accident Reports, Behavior Progress Notes, Weekly Progress Notes, or other forms as necessary through Therap.
- Conducts required fire drills and emergency preparedness drills.
- Support residents through effective use of positive behavior support plans
- Complete grocery, household and hygiene supply shopping as requested.
- Performs and maintains routine checks and documentation to Hot Water Temperature Checks, Water Pressure Checks, Refrigerator Checks, Emergency Lights, Emergency Food and Water Checks, etc. as scheduled.
- Maintain annual training requirements
- Maintain a secure campus environment by using proper application of radio communication protocols including responding to all radio calls.
- Take actions to promote positive interaction between residents and encourage residents to take responsibility in the daily routine of the facility.
- Model culturally and socially desired behaviors while explaining the behaviors to residents to facilitate learning and replication of the behaviors.
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or requested by position supervisor.
- Implement BVT safety protocols including evacuating with residents and other staff in case of an emergency.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of resident and program operations.
- Maintain BVT professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in BCFS employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, clients, client’s family members and community members and complying with required dress code at all times
VETERANS AND MILITARY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
***Additional screenings may be required***