CNC Machinist * * SLC, UT * $20-25/hr. + DOE Swing Shift: 3:30pm – 12am * Nights: 11:30pm – 8am
• Completes setup requirements on CNC machinery using blueprints, sketches or product dimensions/tolerances. Measure and mark production materials for machining.
• Select and align fixtures, tooling and attachments on lathes and mills. Calculate and set controls for speed/feed, coolant flow and angle cuts.
• Perform regular maintenance and testing on machinery to for smooth operation and tolerances. Verify conformance, dimensions and quality of finished pieces. Adjust machinery as needed to meet quality criteria.
• Develop schematics and drawing of production parts. Confer with engineers, production managers and other necessary individuals to resolve machine or product problems.
• Setup, operate and replace parts and toolings as needed on CNC/manual mills and/or lathes. Ensure correct functionality of machinery.
• Able to communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal form. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Able to listen and observe machinery for diagnosis of malfunctions.
Other duties as assigned.
• HS Diploma or equivalent. *Proof of Education must be shown at interview.
• One year of college or technical school certificate.
• 6 years of related/similar experience.
• Certified apprenticeship 5 Axis
• Ability to understand complex blueprints, sketches and manuals.