Buyer/ Tonawanda, NY
A growing, international Tonawanda manufacturing facility is looking for a Buyer to work with multiple disciplinary teams to deliver an optimized solution (from a cost and risk standpoint) to both external customers and manufacturing plants. This individual will also will primarily support the procurement process for industrial commodities and will directly negotiate with suppliers on a daily basis.
Additional Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Working diligently with the sales and development team to meet customer needs.
- Sourcing raw materials and freight
- Utilizing all options to mitigate any potential price increase
- Negotiating purchases and establishing contracts for critical materials from approved sources
- Continuously developing and optimizing supplier relationships to gather information to source best quality products at optimum prices
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers, scheduling deliveries, creating bill of ladings and managing logistics in regards to purchasing
- Handling all raw material claims, returns, feedbacks and bringing them to a timely closure
- Consistently comparing prices, specifications and delivery dates and advising senior leadership of market intelligence and providing recommendations to improve company performance.
- Consulting with procurement leadership and expediting supplier goods purchases, where required, to meet shortfall or increases over current plans and sales requirements
- Performing additional job-related duties as assigned
Great opportunity for an experienced Buyer with a growing company in the Tonawanda, NY area! Apply today!